Thursday, August 13, 2009

Breathing and Pushing


Actual photo of me with no skin, showing the cool spot.
This will make more sense as you read on...



So the theme for today is breathing and pushing. Because I've been doing a bunch of that lately, and I'm not alone.

So first the really cool news, for those of you you who know Shahin and Michelle, or even for those who don't, they finally gave birth to their second child yesterday evening. The baby was over 2 weeks overdue but yesterday it finally happened, and after lots of breathing and pushing Michelle popped out a beautiful baby girl. Can't tell you how happy I am for the both of you.

I of course am not pregnant and hope to never be, (probably safe bet that one...) but still have been doing a lot of breathing and pushing of my own, working with my physical therapist every day. We go through a bunch of exercises with my legs, both range of motion exercises and also exercises to see if we can detect or induce any muscle activity. It's like pushing as hard as you can against a solid brick wall. It really wears you out but you don't see or feel any movement.

Until now...

So we've got muscle twitching in the left leg, up in the quads. This is a very good sign and we've working hard every day to coax more and more out of it. There are no guarantees that we'll get more, but my hope meter just got a big boost.

The downside is the nerve pain is also jumping up, but hopefully that's a sign that nerves are trying to wake up. Nerves really suck when they don't work right, so hopefully we get this sorted sooner than later.

More info soon...

6 comments:

  1. Hey now! Great to hear from you, sir. Great news about the nerves. Been in and out of public life for a few weeks. Just sent you an email with an update from my side. Will drop by as soon as things settle down. Until then, big Hi from Arch, Rhea and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 60% slope! How are your clothes working out?

    I've swapped ten of your books already - that means you have ten book credits. Let me know if there's anything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes just welled up!! SOOO holding the hope with you! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I think it is funny that we are called "Followers" like you are the "Leader" or the messiah or something fun like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skinless photo. It's good to see the humor keeping you through.

    Crunching medical data and numbers was an amazing job I had at one point. And yes, there is money in it. It's amazing what you can infer in some of those problems and build a business on.

    ReplyDelete