Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yesterday was a good day... Eric's day-shift nurse did a great job of keeping everyone out of Eric's room and let him sleep. Eric slept most of the day and got one solid four hour block of sleep in. As you all know from my previous posts, Eric is in much need of rest so he and recover from his last surgery.

We still don't know a date for the next surgery, but it will likely be near the end of the week. The Doctors don't feel he has healed enough and want to give him time to recover... I know I keep sounding like a broken record, but we really need to leave Eric alone as much as we can so he can rest and recover.

From Friday's post you are all aware that the Doctors are concerned with any complications and want to reduce the risk of infection or pneumonia by reducing the foot-traffic in his room. I want to thank everyone who has taken this to heart and have been waiting patiently to see Eric. I know a lot of people want to come see Eric, but again I appreciate all of you putting your wants and needs on hold for what's best for Eric.

To give you all a chance to speak with Eric (virtually) am setting up another blog that will allow you all to post to it. I have added the emails from those I have on my email list... those people will have the ability to post. Anyone who does not have the ability to post (that wants to) please send me your email address and I will add you to the blog as a contributor... I can add up to 100 contributors. Click here for the "Get Well Eric" GOLB

We will continue to post updates here on this BLOG, but you will be able to send positive messages to Eric on the "Get Well Eric" GOLB listed above. Remember that the purpose of the "Get Well Eric" GOLB is to send Eric uplifting and positive message to help him keep focused on getting better fast.

3 comments:

  1. Shahin, thank you so much for keeping all of us in the loop. Glad to hear that he's resting. Eric, get well soon!!!
    ~dominique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shahin, thanks for the updates...Eric, prayers are always with you...get well coon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Shahin, thank you for the updates. I'm really glad to hear that Eric has gotten some rest.

    ReplyDelete